|Family, Feelings and Fun|
|Airdate||December 14, 2004|
Family, Feelings and Fun is a Signing Time! episode from season one. It aired on PBS Kids in the United States on December 14, 2004. It was the fourth episode of the first season aired in the United States.
Alex, Leah, their frog Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for family members, feelings, and things outside.
Note: This is based on the album's track list.
Intro - This is Rachel Coleman's theme song.
- Song #1: Signing Time! Theme
Rachel signs the words house, home, family, brother, sister, son, daughter, uncle, aunt, and cousin in American Sign Language.
- Song #2: In a House
Rachel signs the words tree, wind, leaves, grass, clouds, rain, snow, coat, boots, gloves, and hat in American Sign Language.
- Song #3: Beautiful Day
Rachel signs the words feelings, grumpy, surprised, silly, scared, excited, sick, love, and "I love you" in American Sign Language.
- Song #4: Feelings
Rachel had so much fun signing with the viewers, she signs some more words mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, bugs, spiders, butterflies, tired, proud, sad, and happy in American Sign Language. She waves goodbye to the viewers and the episode ends.
- Song #5: We Got Love - The end credits roll with the song playing.
End - Rachel Coleman created "Signing Time!" for 6 episodes. She began teaching ASL (American Sign Language) for babies and toddlers. "Signing Time!" created songs for babies and toddlers. Come visit our Signing Time! website at https://www.signingtime.com.
- I Love You
- This is the first episode to feature the light green chalkboard.
- This is the first episode to feature a 2004 different font Style.
- This is the 4th episode of the series.
- This is the 1st episode to premiere on December 14, 2004.
- 2 songs: In a House and Feelings are featured on the "Nick Jr.'s Move to the Music".
- This is the 1st "Signing Time!" episode to be released on DVD.
- This is the 1st appearance of Hopkins the Frog.
- This is the 4th appearance of Rachel Coleman.
- This is the 4th appearance of Alex and Leah.
- The signs are house, home, family, brother, sister, son, daughter, uncle, aunt, cousin, tree, wind, leaves, grass, clouds, rain, snow, coat, boots, gloves, hat, feelings, grumpy, surprised, silly, scared, excited, sick, love, "I love you", mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, bugs, spiders, butterflies, tired, proud, sad, and happy.
- The DVD Menu playing in the background is the Signing Time! Theme Song.
- The Signing Time! Theme, In a House, Beautiful Day, Feelings, and We Got Love songs of this episode were featured in the Come Sing with Us, Volumes 4-6 CD album.
- This is the first episode where both Alex and Leah bow as Rachel says the final lines.
Alex: This is my house.
Leah: That is my home.
Alex: I share my house with my family.
Alex: This is my sister. I'm her brother, her favorite brother.
Alex: I'm their son. See my sister? She is their daughter.
Alex: Leah! Where is your family? That's Leah's family. She's got a sister too. Leah's dad is my uncle.
Leah: Alex's dad is my uncle.
Alex: Leah's mom is my aunt.
Leah: Alex's mom is my aunt.
Alex: Leah and her sister are my cousins.
Leah: Alex and his sister are my cousins.
Alex: We're also friends.
Alex and Leah: Yeah! Yahoo! Hoo! Hoo!
Alex: We forgot the most important feeling— love.
|Series 1 Episodes|
|My First Signs | Playtime Signs | Everyday Signs | Family, Feelings, and Fun | ABC Signs | My Favorite Things | Leah's Farm | The Great Outdoors | Zoo Train | My Day | My Neighborhood | Time to Eat | Welcome to School|