|Airdate||January 12, 2005|
|Previous||My Favorite Things|
|Next||The Great Outdoors|
Leah's Farm is a Signing Time! episode from season one. It aired on PBS Kids in the United States on January 12, 2005. It was the seventh episode of the first season aired in the United States. It was removed and replaced with the new episode The Great Outdoors.
Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for farm animals.
Note: This is based on the album's track list.
Intro - Rachel welcomes Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and the viewers to sing and sign with us.
- Song #1: Signing Time! Theme
Rachel signs the words farm, chicken, horse, goat, mouse, rooster, sheep, cow, donkey, pig, and turkey in American Sign Language.
- Song #2: Leah's Farm
Rachel signs the words pet, squirrel, duck, rabbit, and snail in American Sign Language. She does not sign the words cat, dog, fish, and bird.
- Song #3: Did You Know?
Rachel signs the words frog, snake, lizard, and turtle in American Sign Language.
- Song #4: Turtle Rock
Rachel had so much fun visiting Leah's Farm, and learned a lot of signs. She signs the words barn and rock in American Sign Language and waves goodbye to the viewers, ending the episode.
- Song #5: Goodnight to Leah's Farm - The last song is played.
The end credits roll with the song playing: "Goodnight to Leah's Farm".
Signing Time! Manual Alphabet: Rachel asks the viewers to sign all 26 letters of the alphabet. She signs the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z in American Sign Language. Now that Rachel learned a lot of ABC's, she asks the viewers to spell dog and baby. She fingerspells the letters D, O, G and B, A, B, Y in American Sign Language.
- This is the first episode to feature a 2005 different font style.
- This is the first episode for the credits to be blue.
- This is the only episode to premiere in January 12, 2005.
- A rooster can be heard crowing in the background, but there literally is a rooster.
- A cow can be heard mooing in the background, but there literally is a cow.
- This is the 4th appearance of Hopkins the Frog.
- This is the 7th appearance of Rachel Coleman.
- This is the 2nd episode to listen to farm animal sounds.
- This is the 7th appearance of Alex and Leah.
- This is the first episode where Rachel says "You learned a lot of signs.".
- This doesn't happen again until Season 2.
- No cat, no dog, no fish, and no bird appear in the Sign Review segment.
- This is the 7th episode of the series.
- This episode introduces two new farm animals: rooster and cow. Seven animals are newly introduced among with the two.
- The American Gothic was painted by Grant Wood in the year 1930 in the Art Institute of Chicago. Two characters Alex as Dr. Byron McKeeby and Leah as Nan Wood Graham, lived in the American Gothic House in Eldon, Iowa.
- The signs are farm, chicken, horse, goat, mouse, rooster, sheep, cow, donkey, pig, turkey, pet, squirrel, duck, rabbit, snail, frog, snake, lizard, and turtle.
- The DVD Menu playing in the background is the Did You Know? song.
- The end credits playing in the background is the Goodnight to Leah's Farm song.
- The Signing Time! Theme, Leah's Farm, Did You Know?, Turtle Rock, and Goodnight to Leah's Farm songs of this episode were featured in the Come Sing with Us, Volumes 7-9 CD album.
- The Manual Alphabet Practice in Signing Time! where Rachel signs ABC in ASL, but it is called "Signing Time! ABCs".
|Series 1 Episodes|
|My First Signs | Playtime Signs | Everyday Signs | Family, Feelings, and Fun | ABC Signs | My Favorite Things | Leah's Farm | The Great Outdoors | Zoo Train | My Day | My Neighborhood | Time to Eat | Welcome to School|