|My First Signs|
|Airdate||May 1, 2002|
Three-year-old Alex and his four-year-old cousin Leah, who is deaf, along with host Rachel Coleman (Leah's mom), teach beginning American Sign Language (ASL) signs. Includes Spanish Play Option.
Note: This is based on the album's track list.
Intro - Rachel welcomes Alex, Leah, and the viewers to sing and sign with us.
- Song #1: Signing Time! Theme
End - Leah waves goodbye to the viewers and the episode ends.
- Song #2: Show Me A Sign - The end credits roll with the song playing.
- This is the first episode to feature a 2002 different font style.
- This is the 1st appearance of Alex and Leah.
- This is the 1st appearance of Rachel Coleman.
- This episode was based on the pilot episode.
- This is the 1st "Signing Time!" episode to be released on VHS.
- This is the 1st episode of Season 1.
- This is the first time the show uses the 2002-2007 Two Little Hands Productions Logo.
- This is the 1st episode of the series.
- This is the only episodes that contains 2 songs.
- This is the only episode to premiere in May 1, 2002.
- The signs are eat, milk, water, ball, more, bird, cat, dog, fish, car, airplane, want, shoes, flower, mom, dad, baby, and sleep.
- The Signing Time! Theme and Show Me A Sign songs of this episode were featured in the Come Sing with Us, Volumes 1-3 CD album.
|Series 1 Episodes|
|My First Signs | Playtime Signs | Everyday Signs | Family, Feelings, and Fun | ABC Signs | My Favorite Things | Leah's Farm | The Great Outdoors | Zoo Train | My Day | My Neighborhood | Time to Eat | Welcome to School|